Are you the computer vision engineer who likes to improve the quality of the public space? Would you like to develop and maintain algorithms that scan thousands of photos on the presence of litter, road damage and graffiti? Do you like to work in a start-up environment where inventiveness and entrepreneurship are highly valued? Have a look at our new vacancy!
Software engineer – Computer Vision, Utrecht
As a Computer Vision Engineer, you will develop automatic software that creates inventories of objects in public space. You will focus on algorithms to retrieve information from our core imagery products and create derived products from this information in automatic or semi-automatic manner. In this role you will help develop innovative solutions in the field of automated object detection, manual annotation workflows, large scale processing, and analysis of the results.
Moreover, you will create automatic object detection systems and support the current systems that are currently running in the company. You help enhancing the performance of the automatic system by collecting better datasets in smart ways together with our annotation teams. You will work closely with back-end and front-end development and report to the managing director.
- Designing and developing algorithms and applications in the automated object detection area;
- Creating automatic object detection models;
- Supporting and maintaining current models;
- Optimizing the performance of models by collecting datasets in smart ways together with annotation teams;
- Analysis of the results of automatic and semi-automatic results;
- Creating better visualization.
As you can see, a wide range of tasks, with you being in the lead of our development in the field of Computer Vision.
Requirements, skills and experience
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or related discipline;
- Knowledge of OpenCV, Numpy, Pytorch, Tensorflow;
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Deep Learning;
- Software development in Python;
- Experience with Linux systems;
- Knowledge of version management tooling GIT;
- Knowledge of GitHub Actions;
- Experienced with Agile software development (SCRUM, ..);
- DevOps and MLOps mindset;
- Availability of 32-40 hours a week.
It is not a must, but you would score bonus points with the following skills:
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines, Blob Storage;
- Knowledge of Docker;
- Strong collaboration skills;
- Can-do attitude and able to prioritize;
- Initiative, creativity and flexibility;
- Proven ability to develop new systems and create maintainable software from a prototype towards a working system prototype.
Your new office will be located in a dynamic start-up/scale-up hub in Utrecht. The start-up culture suits you and you are inventive in finding new solutions. You appreciate working with an organization with societal impact and like to work with a varied and international group of colleagues. Do you get enthousiastic when imagining yourself in this setting? Then this might be the job for you.
Camenai is a sister-company of a larger established company and benefits from shared services, such as finance and HR, thus combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a start up with the professionalism of a larger team. Salary and conditions are fine!
Good to know: we like to see each other every thursday at the office. Apart from that you are flexible to work either from home or at the office. At the office, we do ensure good coffee and tea, a well-stocked pantry with sweets and a monthly drink.
Camenai is a well-funded start-up company in Utrecht founded in 2020 with a passion for new technology and with a societal purpose. The company developed an app that allows for automated capturing of images of the public outdoor space and uses artificial intelligence to detect litter, road damage, tilted poles, etc. With the Camenai dashboard local authorities gain better insight for management and maintenance.
After a period of trials and pilots with various municipalities to improve the platform, the company is prepared for commercial roll out, starting in the Netherlands.
Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can address your application to Hugo Bellaart. Would you like to ask some questions first? Also those can be send to this mailaddress.